Welcome to Carteret Eyecare Associates
Eyes are important indicators of overall health, and comprehensive eye care goes beyond a prescription for glasses or contact lenses. At Carteret Eyecare Associates, we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history, and your vision needs. Dr. Edward W. Harmer provides the expert care, advice, options, and follow up you need whether you are a new patient or an existing one.
Q&A with Dr. H
Dr. Harmer Answers Your Eyecare Questions
Why has macula testing changed?
Our level of knowledge about macdegen has changed dramatically over the past 5 -10 years. We now know that earlier identification and diagnosis can alter the end result of the disease. And we have learned, that the aearlier in one's life that attentin is given to the macula, the better for the patient's eye health and vision.
New Patient Starting Points:
- Meet our Carteret Eye Doctor
- Complete patient forms
- Request an appointment for an eye exam
- See Insurance plans we accept at Carteret EyeCare Associates
- Find a map, directions, hours & contact details
- Read about our complete eye exams, children's vision care, treatment of eye diseases and more.
- We proudly offer LipiFlow®
- See the designer frame brands we carry
Existing Patient Links:
- Request an appointment with our optometrist.
- Learn all about LASIK and other options for eye surgery
- Pursue treatment of eye disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy
Carteret Eye Care Associates Patient Reviews
Great Eyewear and Eye Care in Carteret, NJ
Carteret Eyecare Associates serves patients from New Jersey's, Carteret, Rahway, and Woodbridge - schedule an appointment today. If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with our Practice.
LipiFlow ®- Innovative Dry Eye Treatment
LipiFlow ® is a new treatment for dry eye that restores the lipid layer of the tear film, so the tears function better. Developed by TearScience, the sterile lid warmer and eyecup apply a combination of heat and pressure to the eyes for less than 15 minutes at a time, under constant monitoring by an eye doctor. The procedure is not painful, and enables the tear glands to secrete good quality tears. Carteret Eye Care Associates is one of 5 practices in NJ equipped to offer this procedure in our Carteret, NJ office.