Welcome to Carteret Eyecare Associates
Eyes are important indicators of overall health, and comprehensive eye care goes beyond a prescription for glasses or contact lenses. At Carteret Eyecare Associates, we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history, and your vision needs. Dr. Edward W. Harmer provides the expert care, advice, options, and follow up you need whether you are a new patient or an existing one.
Q&A with Dr. H
Dr. Harmer Answers Your Eyecare Questions
Should I be concerned about blue light from spending time at my computer?
Blue light which is emitted from computer screens, TV screens, tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices leads to eye irrtitation which almost feels like dry eye and eye strain. Over-exposure to blue light causes this problem to develop. Ultimately continued exposure could potentially lead to problems with macular degeneration. One of the best ways to protect your eyes from blue light is a glare coating called Recharge, that will diminish the effect of blue light and make your time at the computer screen more comfortable and less harmful to your health.
New Patient Starting Points:
- Meet our Carteret Eye Doctor
- Complete patient forms
- Request an appointment for an eye exam
- See Insurance plans we accept at Carteret EyeCare Associates
- Find a map, directions, hours & contact details
- Read about our complete eye exams, children's vision care, treatment of eye diseases and more.
- We proudly offer LipiFlow®
- See the designer frame brands we carry
Existing Patient Links:
- Request an appointment with our optometrist.
- Learn all about LASIK and other options for eye surgery
- Pursue treatment of eye disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy
Carteret Eye Care Associates Patient Reviews
Great Eyewear and Eye Care in Carteret, NJ
Carteret Eyecare Associates serves patients from New Jersey's, Carteret, Rahway, and Woodbridge - schedule an appointment today. If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with our Practice.
LipiFlow ®- Innovative Dry Eye Treatment
LipiFlow ® is a new treatment for dry eye that restores the lipid layer of the tear film, so the tears function better. Developed by TearScience, the sterile lid warmer and eyecup apply a combination of heat and pressure to the eyes for less than 15 minutes at a time, under constant monitoring by an eye doctor. The procedure is not painful, and enables the tear glands to secrete good quality tears. Carteret Eye Care Associates is one of 5 practices in NJ equipped to offer this procedure in our Carteret, NJ office.